3D Animator (Maya)
Sarepta studio is a game development studio creating emotionally impactful and atmospheric games, with offices in Hamar, Norway. Founded in 2010, the company has 12 full-time employees in a young and creative work environment. We are seeking a solution-oriented and passionate new team member to join us in developing games for PC and Consoles.
3D Animator - (Maya)
We are seeking a versatile and solution-oriented Game Animator to join our team in the development of our newest IP: “Project Thalassa”. Because of the current Covid-19 situation, we are open for hires to work remotely, but we are also a tight-knit team and would of course see it as a strength to be able to work together with you here in Norway once things have improved. We take pandemic precautions very seriously and facilitate social distancing in the office as well as infrastructure to work from home.
In Sarepta, we believe in building a team that can support and grow together. Our goal is to find the right people with a passion for making impactful games. If there are any of our requirements or responsibilities that you are not sure of, but you are driven by learning and you have strong creative and visual instincts, you might still be the person for us. So let’s have a chat, ok?
The stuff that we’d let you have fun with:
- Use your animation skills for emotional storytelling, together with a creative team.
- Work with animation based on Motion Captured data.
- Work with facial animation and lip-sync.
- Assist in improving our character pipelines.
- Help prepare and (if you want) participate in motion capture sessions.
- Work on dynamic interactive props as well as static environment objects.
- Utilizing both traditional keyframe animation and motion capture data
- Collaborate with our team to create a cohesive vision
- Experience with rigging and animating in Maya, specifically for games.
- Great understanding of human anatomy, structure, dynamics, and character motion.
- Strong animation fundamentals with a focus on human movement.
- Able to create body and facial animation for human characters, along with animations for, props, and other assets to be integrated into Unreal.
- Deep knowledge of the animation pipeline and processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation.
- Fluent in English or Norwegian.
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to work on the fly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan and block animation in a way that best meets the narrative needs of the production.
- Good communication skills.
Could have (one or more for extra bonus points):
- Familiarity with UE4.
- Ability to create quality blend shapes.
- Experienced in rigging and skinning.
- Knowledge of work with Unreal Animation State Machines.
- Experience in mo-cap and lip-syncing.
- Experience with creating custom support structures for character assets (ie, objects, ponytails, etc that can move independently from the normal body structure).
- Experience with Shogūn for Motion Capture.
- Experience with CaraPost for Facial capture.
- Experience in creating animations for characters played in the First Person View.
- Strong pre-production skills including, but not limited to, thumbnailing, storyboarding, and animatics.
What we provide:
- Open and supportive work-environment with inspired and passionate co-workers.
- Working on impactful games.
- Opportunity to get involved with all creative aspects of development.
- An employer who cares about your personal and professional growth.
- Norwegian work-rights:
- 1 month paid vacation
- Work insurance
- Paid sick days
- No unpaid overtime work
- No crunch
Required application & Portfolio Materials:
- Cover Letter (optional).
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant skills required.
- Must be willing to complete an animation test if required to do so.
Sarepta studio will never discriminate against anyone, no matter their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, or disability and will not be interested in hiring anyone who would not follow our example.
Apply by sending your CV and work portfolio.
Want more 3D Animator (Maya) jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, 3D Designer jobs, Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.