2021 Internship - 3D Animator
About The Role
Blue Zoo has a worldwide reputation for expertly crafting characterful CG animation. We pride ourselves on creating work that everyone involved with is immensely proud of, in a studio that cultivates friendship & creativity in a positive environment.
Over the last 21 years our animations have won many awards, including multiple BAFTAs, but that’s just the start - we have big ambitions for the future!
Our internship programme runs twice a year giving the opportunity to those seeking a “foot-in-the-door” into the animation industry.
It is ideal for those who have zero professional experience but have entry level knowledge, such as those in 2nd year of University, who are chomping-at-the-bit to gain industry experience. These internships are also open to talented artists (over the age of 16), who have a real passion for animation and can provide examples of work they have created.
Being an intern means more than just ‘helping out’. This Summer our interns will be working with Blue Zoo artists on our Summer Short - this is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable production experience with the brightest and best in the industry. We will welcome interns from mid July to August across 6-8 weeks and they will have a dedicated mentor to support and guide them throughout the duration.
The Blue Zoo Internship will give interns the opportunity to develop their artistic and creative skills while building direct experience in a professional environment. They’ll work on the short, with other teams across the studio, including directors, storyboard artists, riggers, etc. This will give the interns the chance to build up their network, as well as developing a range of skills and gaining valuable industry experience.
Each intern will be paid the London Living Wage of £405 a week.
All eligible candidates will need to be located in the UK for the Summer Internships - Our Winter Internships will be remote and open to applicants outside of the UK.
Day to Day:
- Create animation under the direction of the animation director on the short.
- Participate in team review sessions; you would get a taste of every step of a character animator's role. The aim is to get your animation skills up to a point where you are ready for employment on a real production.
- As a studio that focuses on cartoony character animation for TV production, we will teach our workflow on acting, giving characters personality and bringing them to life.
- Basic understanding of animation principles & knowledge of Maya.
- An insane passion to learn more!
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Willing to take direction and constructive feedback.
- A love for animation!
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world.
We look for interns who are creative, enthusiastic, and excited to learn from the best. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020.
- Friday "beer o'clock" and talks programme.
- Many fun social events - even though they have to be remote for the foreseeable.
- Great clubs such as running club, clay club, weekly sculpt.
- Online wellbeing programme.
Want more 2021 Internship - 3D Animator jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.